Directive List?

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Sun Sep 26 20:00:07 GMT 2004

Neal Schilling wrote:
> Is there a complete list of directives for Samba4 or will it be the same
> set as those for Samba 3? Also, is there any thoughts of moving the
> smb.conf file to an XML format?
>
> Just a few thought,
	Hmmn, that would give the Samba team the option to clean
	up all the historical oddities that have crept in over
	the years.  Of course, that's a fair bit of work, and
	SWAT would need to be changed too, implying someone
	would need to write a grammar for the new format.

	If there were a grammar for the new format, I (and probably
	a plethora of others) could easily build a translator from the
	existing format ...

--dave