[Fwd: [Samba] "strict locking = yes" 3.X Default?]

eric roseme eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com
Thu Sep 23 22:29:28 GMT 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Samba] "strict locking = yes" 3.X Default?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:29:11 -0700
From: eric roseme <eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com>
To: samba at lists.samba.org

Re-post from samba to samba-technical

On Samba 3.x the "strict locking" default is yes (loadparm.c).  On 2.2
it was no.  I am just wondering why the change was made.  "strict
locking" can affect performance significantly, so I am assuming that
there is a benefit for the average user that offsets whatever the
performance affect is.

Any comments?

Also, the SWAT help for strict locking on 3.x still says the default is no.

Thanks,

Eric Roseme
Hewlett-Packard