get_domain_user_groups() improvement.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Sep 23 12:27:40 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 22:05, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
> | The biggest problem in this area of code is that few people
> | care about it any more.  (Particularly since Samba4
> | development took off).
>
> Maybe you don't care about it anymore, but those people
> that need working Samba servers still care about Samba
> 3.0.x.

Sorry - I didn't mean it to come across like that.  Of course the code
is vital - the reason I replied to this mail in the first place is that
I've been suffering exactly these kind of problems, at my production
site.

What I did mean to imply is that there is not the same active code
maintenance that there has been in the past - part of the reason that
these issues never got rounded out in the past.

As such I hope that assuming the patch works, hacks and other perhaps
less elegant (but functional) solutions wont offend simo or I as 'code
owners', in the way that perhaps they might have if we were both still
fighting over this bit of code :-).

Naturally I can't speak for others, and code still needs to be tested,
but it seems reasonable to me...