get_domain_user_groups() improvement.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Sep 23 00:59:20 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 10:12, Igor Belyi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following patch which improves performance of
> get_domain_user_groups() function with LDAP backend by asking LDAP for
> only groups user belong to instead of for all groups.

I'm very pleased to see progress on this!  I've been bitten by some of
the performance issues in this area in the past.

While you are at it, we also need to improve the performance of the
'users in this group' call.  I have the clients at my site making this
call, much to my frustration, as it currently does a 'getent passwd'
over the entire directory, looking for primary gids.  We should do an
LDAP search for that information too.

The tricky bit is getting all the semantics correct, as vl (who last
played with this code) well knows...