SAMBA 4 download?

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Wed Sep 22 02:13:56 GMT 2004

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> ftp://ftp.samba.org/pub/unpacked/samba4/
>
> rsync --partial -az --delete samba.org::ftp/unpacked/samba4/ ./samba4

I think I was able to get my rsync client to pull everything down.  It
had problems with all the */.svn/* files.  Several of them had temp
files that were created with owner=readonly, and then the rename()
function in rsync did not have permission to change them to their real
names.

It might have been different if I had been running it from a privileged
account.

If there is some way that I could get rsync to ignore all the */.svn/*
files, it would speed things up.

Now I have to figure out how to get something to build.  I could not
find a master makefile or template.  Is Perl required?  I saw the PIDL
directory.

 > but using svn would be the best:-)

Looks like getting svn ported will take a bit of work, just to collect
all the pieces.

Thanks for the help.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net