delgroup-script not used in 3.0.7

Igor Belyi sambauser at katehok.ac93.org
Tue Sep 21 13:13:41 GMT 2004

Ingo Steuwer wrote:
> Is this related to the "ldap delete dn = yes"-ldap-backend-bug ? I've
> got some trouble deleting users using our "delete user script" I think
> are related to this bug, but they occur after our script removes the
> user entry while samba tries to delete the DN by itself. In this case
> samba doesn't call the delete group script like it did in samba 3.0.4
> (see last logfile).

It depends on which particular "ldap delete dn = yes" bug you refer to
:o) As per deleting users - you encountered a problem that "delete user
script" is called _before_ Samba removes samba related attributes from
the entry. It can be fixed with an attached patch which was created for
3.0.6, but can be applied to 3.0.7 as well.

> [2004/09/21 07:40:04, 0] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_delete_entry(328)
>   ldapsam_delete_entry: Could not delete attributes for
> cn=sambagroup,cn=groups,dc=groupware,dc=univention,dc=de, error: Object
> class violation (attribute 'sambaSID' not allowed)

I think you hit the typo in ldapsam_delete_entry which was already
reported and fixed in SVN (look at the "samba 3.0.6/7 ldap backend bug"
thread). This is the only explanation I see for sambaSID not getting to
the list of attributes for removal from the mapping.

Hope it helps.
Igor