SAMBA 4 download?

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Tue Sep 21 02:41:17 GMT 2004

Tim Potter wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 07:14:11PM -0400, John E. Malmberg wrote:
>

>>Where can I get snapshots of SAMBA 4 for download?
>
> We don't have anything available as a tar file, but you can poke around
> in the pub/unpacked/samba4 directory via ftp.  Retrieving the latest
> subversion repository is quite painless, although I'm not sure there
> is a client for VMS.

I am getting connection refused for ftp://svnanon.samba.org/pub/unpacked
  I could not find any other ftp directory.

I tried rsync, but the only syntax I know is trying to pull down more
than my primitive rsync client can handle.  So far, my rsync client can
only pull down small trees like rsync itself.  Anything larger and it
trips over something.

I do not know of any subversion client for VMS, or how hard it would be
to implement one.

I am also trying to get the 2.2.8 port for VMS up to 2.2.11.  VMS now
has built in support for LDAP, Kerberos, and has SSL for an easy add-on,
but the port of SAMBA is not currently using any of these.

Thanks,
-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only