Libsmbclient & Threading

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Sun Sep 19 19:38:23 GMT 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Kovalyeff Sergey wrote:

> Hello people.
>
> 	Is it possible to use libsmbclient in multi-threaded processes?
> I bumbed into that different processes mixing their data in parallel
> requests... If it possible, what should I do for isolating different
> requests from each other ?

libsmbclient, and indeed, the underlying library that it uses, libsmb,
were not written to be used from threaded applications.

I think libsmbclient will have to be rewritten against Samba 4 to be
usable from threaded applications.

In the meantime I would suggest that you dedicate one thread for handling
SMB-related things ...

Regards
-----