Question on ntlm_auth tool

Yimin Chen ymchen at cisco.com
Thu Sep 16 01:44:31 GMT 2004

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your clarifications! I think I now understand it much better.

So if the ntlm_auth tool is enhanced to return the group information, would
it be just a list of SIDs or it could be the actual group names? If it will
be SIDs, do we need to query the domain controllers for the groupnames, or
Samba has other API we can use to do the conversion?

Thanks!
Yimin