Error compiling 3.1.0-SVN-build-2341

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Wed Sep 15 14:57:54 GMT 2004

3.1.0-SVN-build-2341

Debian Unstable OS on Intel CPU

John Terpstra has been instructing me on how to pull down the Samba 3.1 source so I may test out the latest features and send along suggestions for the documenation.

I have made it up to the 'make' process and the compiler stops due to the following:

creating /home/pianoman/samba31/samba-trunk/source/utils/net_proto.h
creating /home/pianoman/samba31/samba-trunk/source/utils/ntlm_auth_proto.h
Compiling dynconfig.c
In file included from include/includes.h:937,
                  from dynconfig.c:21:
include/proto.h:1551: error: parse error before '*' token
include/proto.h:1551: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
make: *** [dynconfig.o] Error 1
ldstst01:/home/pianoman/samba31/samba-trunk/source#

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems