Question on ntlm_auth tool

Yimin Chen ymchen at cisco.com
Thu Sep 9 23:18:47 GMT 2004

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the clarification!

I was trying to evaluate which API I can use to do NTLM authentication
and group authorization. ntlm_auth was the first one I was looking at,
since it is the one squid uses. Since this protocol doesn't exist today,
I can still use:
  winbindd_request(WINBINDD_GETGROUPS, &request, &response) to manually
retrieve the group sids, right?

Is there an API that I can use to retrieve a list of group names instead
of group sids, given username?

Thanks!
Yimin