Can smbclient or libsmbclient do NetrShareEnum ?

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at samba.org
Wed Sep 8 09:37:58 GMT 2004

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 03:38:17PM -0700, David Wuertele wrote:
> My app needs to query Windows hosts using the NetrShareEnum RPC.  It
> isn't obvious from the docs whether I can accomplish this with
> the smbclient app or the libsmbclient.so library.  Is this
> implemented?  Where is the API documented?

Nowhere, actually :)

Yes, this function is implemented. Take a look at rpc_client/cli_srvsvc.c
file. Find function cli_srvsvc_net_share_enum(). That's what you're
looking for. Obviously, you have to learn how to properly call this
function, if you haven't ever done it yet (ie. establish smb session,
open named pipe, etc.).

cheers,
--
Rafal Szczesniak