svn commit: samba r2232 - in trunk/source/lib: .

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Tue Sep 7 13:30:42 GMT 2004

Andrew Bartlett [mailto:abartlet at samba.org] wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 10:47, Tim Potter wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 12:37:59AM +0000, paulg at samba.org wrote:
> >
> > > Log:
> > > Fix iconv.c to use the Samba-supplied uint8 type not the
> uint8_t type, which does not exist on all platforms.
> > > Modified:
> > >    trunk/source/lib/iconv.c
> >
> > Er, why isn't uint8_t present?  It should be defined by
> > Samba if it isn't by the operating system.
>
> uint8_t was introduced for Samba4, I think.  This got into
> Samba3 by way of a back merge.

Andrew is correct.  If you peer at source/include/includes.h in SAMBA_3_0
and trunk, you will see that [u]int[8|16|32] are defined, but not the "_t"
variants.  SAMBA4 has been changed to use the "_t" variants exclusively, and
includes.h has been modified accordingly.

Fortunately, we have VOS standing by ready to detect such differences... ;-)

PG