svn commit: lorikeet r43 - in trunk/heimdal/lib: hdb kadm5

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Sep 6 11:10:38 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 18:53, Luke Howard wrote:
> >Because of the need to preserve the unicodePwd as cleartext, we are also
> >going to need to pass the cleartext password down to HDB, and then some
> >of these functions will then become private to hdb (I think).
>
> Why do you need to preserve the unicodePwd as cleartext? Seems like
> something you want to avoid if possible.

Well, that is to support the flag 'store password with reversible
encryption'.  We all know that means cleartext :-).  I think it's used
for HTTP-Digest/Digest-MD5.

In any case, I suspect I'll be lynched if I make the generic Kerberos
code calculate the LM hash ;-)

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at samba.org
Authentication Developer, Samba Team            http://samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net