Samba4 LDAP Integration

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Thu Oct 28 09:41:57 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 17:18, Gémes Géza wrote:

> I think the easiest way would be to have a tdb->ldb(tdb) migration path.
> This raises another question:
> As OpenLDAP backend usualy contains besides the Samba attributes at
> least the Posix ones (needed by Samba3), how would they be mapped to the
> new ldb(tdb) backend?

We need to first finalize the samba4 design, after that is given we can
start thinking the best way to map them, we could also theoretically add
a compatibility module to be able to read the samba3 passdb backends ...

> I think the best way of migration would be some sort of ldapsearch |
> ldbadd approach, as Samba4 will implement its own LDAP server. This path
> could be problematic also, because, there are some conflicting
> attributes between the AD and the RFC compliant schemas :-( .

Is there any document that describes these conflicts? I'm really
interested in such a document as I'm helping out shaping the ldap_server
and schemas and would like to have as much informations as possible.

Thanks,
Simo.
Simo Sorce    -  idra at samba.org
Samba Team    -  http://www.samba.org