New LDAP attributes

Richard Renard rrenard at idealx.com
Thu Oct 28 09:13:10 GMT 2004

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 10:47:20PM +0200, Roland Gruber wrote:

> Hi all,
Hi,

> I am one of the developers of the "LDAP Account Manager".
> Our program provides a GUI to manage Samba accounts.
>
> Now on to my question: Is there some more specific documentation about
> the new LDAP attributes (e.g. 'sambaLogonHours') than the HowTo? We
> would like to manage them in our program but do not know what input
> values are possible.
> We would need some detailed description and if possible a regular
> expression for syntax checking.
This attribute represents a bitfield of 168 bit, each bit representing
one hour of a week. It is then stored as 21 hex characters (21*8 = 168).
The field is stored in GMT time so the management application should
adjust corresponding to the offset of the timezone.

The first bit represents Sunday from 0:OO to 0:59, the second from 1:00
to 1:59, this in GMT time.

Richard.

--
Richard Renard