Samba-3.0.7-1.3E Active Directory Issues

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin at redhat.com
Wed Oct 27 18:51:10 GMT 2004

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 05:47:27PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> The only problem right now is you're using a couple of MIT-only interfaces
>
> krb5_decrypt_tkt_part()
> krb5_c_enctype_compare()
>
> which don't exist in Heimdal (the kerberos used on SuSE and others).
> I'm going to have to fix this before I can commit the patch (but please
> coodinate with me if you're making other changes to the keytab patch,
> as I'm half way through the integration work now).

I realized that this might become a problem part of the way through, but
must have forgotten about it later on.  I don't think the keytab patch
is going to need any changes from a functional standpoint, but if I can
help out with the changes needed to make it compile with Heimdal, I can
take a stab at it.

> I don't like to usually just "patch <input" a patch as I need to
> understand it fully (especially in the kerberos code :-), so it can
> take a little time to integrate something.

No worries there.

Thanks,

Nalin