svn commit: lorikeet r102 - in trunk/samba4-ad-thesis: .

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.sulinet.hu
Tue Oct 26 20:41:30 GMT 2004

Andrew Bartlett írta:

>On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 09:38, Luke Howard wrote:
>

>>>Grammer fixes from jmcd, and and a global find on it's...
>>>

>>Would those be grammar fixes? :-)
>>

>Clearly I should do neither after midnight :-)
>
>For those lurking on samba-technical (and not samba-cvs), my final-year
>research project has been on adding Kerberos support to Samba4, so as to
>extend the 'Active Directory Domain Controller' work from NTLM only to
>including Kerberos.
>
>I regularly update the PS and PDF on my website:
>
>http://hawkerc.net/staff/abartlet/thesis-chapters.ps.gz
>http://hawkerc.net/staff/abartlet/thesis-chapters.pdf
>
>I'm looking for review, and I also take patches :-)
>
>Many thanks to those who have already taken the time to proof and review
>it.
>
>Andrew Bartlett

IMHO it is a very good status report, and explication of concepts, and
actual problems. But I have a big question:

You have mentioned in 12.1.2, that hdb-ldb contains plaintext passwords.
This sounds strange to me, because in my knowledge it could contain, at
a very first stage the NT hash of the password, also used in NTLMSSP
connections. If it realy contains the plaintext, is the NT and the LM
hash dinamicaly generated by Samba4 upon receiving an NTLMSSP connection?

Thanks in advance, for enlightening me!

Geza