Samba 3.0.7 wbinfo -g does not return Domain Local Groups in 'mixed mode' ads

Don McCall donmccall1 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 00:13:28 GMT 2004

Hi Folks,
I've seen some people mentioning that when they have joined Samba 3.0.7 to an Active Directory domain and use winbindd, that wbinfo -g  does not return Domain Local Groups.  I've experienced this myself, and what I found was that this is the case IF my Domain is in 'mixed mode' instead of 'Win2k native mode'.
Once I went to the domain controller and raised the 'domain functional level' to Windows 2000 native mode, wbinfo -g began returning Domain local groups as well.
Note that even when wbinfo -g was NOT showing my domain local groups, that I was still able to set group ownership to domain local groups.
Just fyi....
Don McCall