Samba 4 Status Question

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Oct 20 06:16:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 15:54, Gémes Géza wrote:

> Is your M$-PAC implementation opensource?

Lets just put to bed the PAC nonsense.  Yes, it did take a bit of fuss
for MS to release the format, but even Samba3 ships with a PAC parser of
sorts, and Samba4 ships with one that could even be described as
complete.

I wish Luke the best of luck, while working hard to obsolete his product
with Samba4 ;-)

Actually, while we are on the subject of blatant plugs, I will again
mention the changes that made it into Heimdal, to use Samba passwords in
Heimdal kerberos.  With that, a few tweaks in LDAP (to force simple
binds to use kerberos passwords) and a Samba3 domain, you actually get
what I think is a pretty good cross-platform identity management server
:-).  I actually have that combination in production :-)

https://sec.miljovern.no/bin/view/Info/HeimdalKerberosSambaAndOpenLdap

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at samba.org
Authentication Developer, Samba Team            http://samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net