Samba 4 Status Question

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.sulinet.hu
Wed Oct 20 05:54:40 GMT 2004

Luke Howard írta:

>>that XAD could be an AD DC minus the following functionality:
>>-Samba fileserver
>>

>XAD does include Samba 3.0.7 for CIFS service.
>

>>-LDAP multimaster replication
>>

>Correct, there is no support for multimaster replication; we rely
>on the underlying replication protocol of the directory, which is
>presently limited to OpenLDAP.
>

>>-LDAP storage of schema
>>-M$-PAC
>>

>These are both supported.
>
>-- Luke
>
>--

Another questions:

Is the DCE-RPC part integrated somehow with Samba3, I imagine it should,
since both need to listen on the same ports?
Is the DCE-RPC part from Samba4, or compatible with?
Is your M$-PAC implementation opensource?
Am I correct if I think, that the only problem of a mixed XAD-M$ forest
or tree is multimaster replication, or are there schema diferences too?

Thanks

Geza