ldb and parent object

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Mon Oct 18 23:47:36 GMT 2004

Metze,

 > I found out that we don't check while adding or deleting records,
 > if the parent exists(add case) or if there're child objects(del
 > case).

yes, that was deliberate. Currently ldb doesn't interpret DNs at all,
they are just unstructured named. That works fine for the use of ldb
within a program where we don't have external (untrusted)
connections.

 > Where should we check such things?

The situation changes with our ldap server based on ldb. In that case
we do need to support checking of DN structure.

Maybe we should have an attribute "controlFlags" in the @BASEINFO
record that controls whether this ldb should check structure, and
perhaps build other schema-related checks on this.

Cheers, Tridge