Handling Initial SMB Message From Windows

Jeremy Bender jeremy.bender at baesystems.com
Thu Oct 14 19:41:40 GMT 2004

Currently, when making an initial connection from windows to the samba
server, Windows sends the current Windows
User name and corresponding password.
My problem is - I have an account on my Windows box and on my Samba box
with the same user name but different
passwords.  I am utilizing the "Bad lockout attempt" feature in 3.0.7,
but when I initially map the drive Windows
sends it's info over and already off the bat I get my first invalid
login attempt.

I checked out smbd/process.c but everything I threw at it either stopped
a connection or let it through making it fail
again.
Does anyone have any ideas about how to chuck (not validate) this first
handshake call?
Also, what is the initial SMB message type that Windows sends?

Thanks.