How to detect 'fixed' getgrouplist()?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Oct 9 02:15:38 GMT 2004

We now have a configure test to check for a broken getgrouplist(), but
this check is only by glibc version.  This has problems, because while
this has been fixed in backported patches and new CVS versions (which I
assume have been the basis of the current crop of linux distos, from the
look of it), we still assume it's broken.

Now, it's more a matter of correctness than anything else - it mostly
just avoids a 'become root' set, but anyway...

Any better ideas on how to detect this?

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at samba.org
Authentication Developer, Samba Team            http://samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net