Bug in libsmbclient?

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Oct 8 03:10:13 GMT 2004

Kovalyev Sergey said:
> Hello!
>
> I just bumbed into that libsmbclient 3.0.5
> (debian libsmbclient-3.0.5-1)
> caughting SIGFAULT with such call:
> smbc_stat("smb://HOST/Share/%CD");
> Also "smb://%CD" and others like that.

Is that supposed to be a URL escape? The %NN sequence is the URL escape
sequence for a character with a numeric valud of NN in hex. For example
"smb://H%4fST/Sh%61re" is equivalent to "smb://HOST/Share". I don't know
if libsmbclient supports URL escapes but certainly the problem could be
related to that.

Mike

PS: if the problem turns out to be with the URL escape code I have a solid
url_decode function on my homepage [1]. It would have to be modified to
support non-ascii characters but I think the changes would be trivial
(e.g. change char to unsigned char and maybe tweek the H2B macro).

[1] http://www.ioplex.com/~miallen/