[PATCH] 2.2.12: fix support for samba daemons running under
vda at port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua
Tue Oct 5 16:15:16 GMT 2004
[forwarded to samba-technical. Please CC me, I'm not subscribed]
One can run samba 2.2.12 daemons (nmbd,smbd,winbindd) under
daemontools if they are started with -i option. However,
smbd does not handle more than one connection at once
in this mode.
Also, if one redirects stdout to pipe/file, logging
to stdout becomes buffered.
Log text appears with inacceptable delay.
* adds option -f to nmbd, smbd and windindd.
* for nmbd and winbindd it is identical to -i.
* for smbd it is mostly like -i but allows multiple connections to smbd.
* usage() text updated accordingly.
* smbd help on -i now mentions single threaded behaviour.
* getopt in nmbd and smbd source expected -f option with parameter,
but there were no other supporting code for it. An oversight? Removed.
* stdout set to unbuffered mode if we do logging to it.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5726 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/attachments/20041005/d6fe8054/fg.bin
More information about the samba-technical