SAMBA 3.0.8 LPD - string overflow by 1 (32 - 21) in safe_strcpy
schmieder at schmieder.de
Tue Nov 23 15:45:14 GMT 2004
does everyone have a good idea to solve that issue:
- samba 3.0.8
- printing system LPRNG (Cups is not possible here)
- printing works fine up to about 10 pages
- larger Print jobs where cutted after about 12 pages.
- on the panel of the printer there is a "Overflow Message"
- former there was samba 3.0.2 - without this issue.
- In the log of the affected workstation apears the following:
ERROR: string overflow by 1 (32 - 21) in safe_strcpy [<name of the
- there are empty logs in /var/spool/<printername>/log
Thanks for every good idea.
More information about the samba-technical