Changing OU separator in net ads join ?

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 16 22:18:36 GMT 2004

>Would it make sense to allow '\\' as a separator (that is, a single '\'
>escaped)?
Well, it would change the logic significantly.

Actually, I've thought about it a bit, and I think instead it might be
better to do the escaping ourselves, because on the windows side, when you
create an OU that has a # in it, you never see a \.  It takes care of that
for you.  So from the perspective of the admin running the "net ads join",
adding a \ for a character that doesn't need to be escaped because of the
shell is silly.

So what I'm thinking is we should add escapes for anything that needs to
be escaped :-)

----------------------------
Jim McDonough
IBM Linux Technology Center