winbind startup script [was Re: svn commit: samba r3708 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/smbd: .]

Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE
Fri Nov 12 21:59:11 GMT 2004

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 03:51:44PM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> on a standalone server or a Samba DC with no trusts.
> So then do we lay the burden on the admin to enable
> the init script ?  That's an acceptable answer to me.

What would be a reason not to run winbind on a standalone server or lonely DC?
Winbind there enables local groups, so it actually gains you something even in
those simple setups.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not strongly advocating it, but I don't see how
winbind should disturb any setup.

Volker