winbind startup script [was Re: svn commit: samba r3708 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/smbd: .]

Fri Nov 12 21:44:15 GMT 2004

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 03:37:20PM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> SO then does anyone have a good idea for checking whether or
> not winbind should be started?

My option would be "always", but that is a bit biased as I've put quite a bit
of work into winbind. From my point of view there is simply no reason anymore
not to run winbind. Maybe a pure standalone server is the only exception, but
this is quite fiddly to find out in a shell script.

Volker