[Samba] Documentation Update

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Sun Nov 7 02:22:24 GMT 2004

Folks,

In preparation for the release of Samba-3.0.8 I have updated the smb.conf man
page as well as the Samba-HOWTO-Collection to document the use of the new
idmap_rid facility.

As part of the documentation update I have attempted to expand our
documentation regarding the role that winbind plays in Samba configurations.
This is a first cut at a chapter inserted to become the new chapter 12 in the
HOWTO. The following chapters are now numbered one higher.

The new HOWTO will be available on the Samba web site within 24 hours.
I would very much value feedback as well as further contributions. I am sure
someone among our users can do a better documentation job, or add more useful
material. Please send me your suggestions and additions asap.

Thanks.

Cheers,
John T.
--