Unable to delete printers from windows client

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Thu Nov 4 09:47:30 GMT 2004

Hello!

I'm Using Samba 3.0.8pre1 and cups.
I wrote a little "deleteprinter" - program which successfully deletes the cups
printer, when deleting the printer from the "Printers" subfolder on the Samba
server from a Windows client.

Nevertheless the printer is still visible in the printer list.

I found, that the reload_services call does not function, because the printer
services are not deleted:
loadparm.c - lp_killunused() does not delete autoloaded services.
loadparm.c - lp_add_one_printer() marks the printer services autoloaded (I
have only a [printers] - section in my smb.conf).

So the deleted printer service is not removed from the service list.

Comments?

Martin

Martin Zielinski                       mz at seh.de
Software Development