samba4: unsigned char -> uint8

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri May 28 16:39:33 GMT 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 05:17:08PM +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since we now use [u]int[8|16|32|61]_t  types...
>
> any objections when I convert 'unsigned char' to uint8
> in samba4
>
> and 'unsigned' and 'unsigned int' to uint_t.

Are you sure this is the correct thing to do ? Many system
call and library interfaces explicitly take char and unsigned char,
not uint8 and int8.

I personally think defined size datatypes are correct when
marshalling to/from wire structures, but we should convert
to native datatypes internally. That's what the system interfaces
expect.

Jeremy.