conn->user in VFS module

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Sat May 22 14:25:05 GMT 2004

Eric Horst schrieb:

> I'm working on a VFS module and need the username of the user that
> originally connected (same as shown in the 'connect to service blah
> initially as user myuserid' message in log). A connection_struct called
> 'conn' is passed to vfs functions and it would seem that the user should
> be in conn->user. Yet I'm finding that conn->user is null. Why would it be
> null and what's a reliable way to know the connecting user in a vfs
> module?

for me conn->user works I tested it in the connect() hook
which also got the username as parameter, but I used conn->user and it
works with current SVN version, I haven't tested earlier version, but I
don't know about a bug in this area...

--
metze

Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org> www.samba.org