Copying smbpasswd->passdb.tdb to new server

Tom Alsberg alsbergt at cs.huji.ac.il
Wed May 12 09:48:06 GMT 2004

Hi there.
I want to change the PDC of a domain to a new machine - I think I can
deal well with the domain SID and secret, but I have one problem:

The old PDC uses and older Samba and has the machine accounts in an
smbpasswd file.  The new PDC users tdbsam (passdb.tdb).  What would
the easiest way to export all machine accounts from the old one to the
new one be?

I could write some program that would read the smbpasswd and try to
put the fields in the right format in the tdb, but that'd be a bit
tedious, might not work that well, and I hope to avoid it.

  Thanks,
  -- Tom

--
  Tom Alsberg - hacker (being the best description fitting this space)
  Web page:	http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~alsbergt/