Teaching winbindd to use uidNumber/gidNumber attributes

Johann Hanne jonny at nurfuerspam.de
Tue May 11 16:10:43 GMT 2004

Hi Jerry,

thanks for the hint. All "documentation" on xad I was able to find is
http://www.netsys.com/pamldap/2003/08/msg00008.html .

The bottom line is:
  idmap backend = ad:ldap://someserver/

So it looks like I will still have to specify an single LDAP server. I'd
prefer to let winbind choose the server, for simplicity and redundancy (there
is more than one AD domain contoller) reasons. If this is not possible with
xad, is there chance to get "my way" in, or do you insist on implementing it
as an idmap backend?

I'm CC'ing this to Luke Howard, maybe he can also comment on it...

Cheers, Johann