XFS quota display problem

Raphael Berghmans rberghmans at arafox.com
Tue May 11 08:44:53 GMT 2004

Hi,

I've installed samba-3.0.2a on a Debian Testing with a Kernel 2.4.25 and
XFS as file system with (quota and acl) and everything works fine.

I've configured a quota (20 Mb) for user.

If this user try to put more than 20 mb on his share a popup message
appears and in the samba log file I found Quota Exceeded. But if the
user checks the available space for his share, it's the size of the
partition that is displayed and not the size fixed by the quota.

On the same system, if I use ext3 in place of XFS, Windows display the
availble space fixed by the quota and not the partition size.

Thank you for your help,

Raphael