Cannot create fake user root account

Wolanin, George gwolanin at columbus.rr.com
Tue May 11 03:33:36 GMT 2004

Boy I hope someone can help me out here.

I am tring to install an LDAP Samba PDC

I am using the latest Samba 3.0.4 and OpenLDAP.

The LDAP server is running fine and samba.

What I am having problems with is connecting the winBlows machines to the
domain controller.  This is driving me up a wall.  I was following this
HOWTO: http://www.idealx.org/prj/samba/samba-ldap-howto.pdf to the T.  And
when I get to the point to create a 'fake user root' account which will
allow the NT workstations to connect I get the following error.

I do not know where to go from here.  Can anyone help?

If you need any diag info, let me know I will post it.

[root at localhost schema]# smbldap-usermod -u 0 -g 0 root
Can't call method "get_value" on an undefined value at
/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-usermod line 177, <DATA> line 283.

George