Security Question

Debbie.Reed at motoristsgroup.com Debbie.Reed at motoristsgroup.com
Thu May 6 01:40:31 GMT 2004

HI,

I have a question about security on a SAMBA mapped share.

We currently have a AIX 5.1 running SAMBA.  We have a mapped a drive from
the AIX 5.1 system to a Windows 2000 server.   The Windows 2000 server is a
Windows 2000 server Service Pack 2.

We have discovered that folder security set on the AIX 5.1 folder is not
being passed to the Windows 2000 server when the folder is shared.  It is
causing all kinds of security issues.  What can we do to correct this
problem?  Or can we correct it.  We have thought about just changing the
share via our windows view but want to know why the security is not being
passed to the windows system.

One more question - when running batch FTP  jobs on a MAINFRAME to the
SAMBA share we encounter a 3454 return code but can run the job again
within a few minutes and it works.  We have actually had our programmers
code in two steps one that we can almost guarantee will fail followed by
one that will work.  Have you ever heard of this happening?  And if so what
could be causing it...

Debbie Reed

The information contained in this message is confidential and is
intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Motorists Insurance Group will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from the alteration of the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being passed on.