Microsoft hotfix MS04-011, breaks Samba password change.

Javid Abdul-AJAVID1 abduljavid at motorola.com
Tue May 4 17:01:01 GMT 2004

Thanks Jeremy

We are still using samba-2.2.8a and very happy with so far.

I asked this before in general list but didn't get response, may be you guys when get a chance response

With samba-3.0, how would I join domain, if I don't have windows domain rights.

Till now, I used ./smbpasswd -j <dom> -r <pdc> as unix root ( after creating domain machine acct in winodws domain)

With Samba-3.0 , net join command I need to have windowns domain password ( I don't have access windows domain)

So I as unix root if don't have windows domain admiinistrator password can not use samba-3.0?

Really appreciate the response.