a proposal for Samba 3.5

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Wed Mar 31 18:32:57 GMT 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

> Hi Tridge,
>
> This sounds like a great idea! It lowers the barrier for
> contributing on Samba4 and would also allow the new Samba4
> code to be tested broader.

This sounds like a good idea to me as well. From the perspective of
companies using Samba, I think it will be an easier sell to go from 3.0.x
to 3.5 and then 4.0.

While there are things in 4.0 that we really want, the risk that
management sees is lower if there is more commonallity in the code.

Regards
-------