Samba in a high availablity enviroment

Mon Mar 29 15:21:54 GMT 2004

Hi!

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 03:17:24PM +0200, Per Kofod wrote:
> My guess is that this information is kept in one of the files under
> $SAMBA/var/locks directory; but which one, and can the other node take
> over this file without any complications?

It's in secrets.tdb. The easiest way is to have both servers with different
'netbios name' entries but with a common 'netbios aliases'. The 'netbios name'
determines the workstation account name, and the common 'netbios aliases' is
the additional one that is announced to clients. This way no information about
domain membership needs to be shared.

Volker