Buffer limit on server listings.

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Sat Mar 27 20:34:47 GMT 2004

Christopher R. Hertel said:
> I have *not* heard of NetServerEnum3(), and when I google for it the top
> reference is jCIFS code.  I would love to see some doco or, better, a
> trace.  This would be a nifty thing to add to my browse service
> documentation (as an annotation).

See the jCIFS mailing list for dialog between myself and Gary Rambo on
March 15, 2004.

"NetServerEnum3 turned up in a network trace between an XP client and a
W2K or W2K3 PDC and appears to solve the 64K server list limit problem..."

He attached a patch for jCIFS as well. Provided it fails over nicely with
Win95/98/ME I suspect it will be included RSN.

> I have also never heard of a NetrServerEnum() RPC call, and googling turns
> up nothing.  Can you point me at any documentation?

I just made the name up. I just mean the NetServerEnum RPC.

Mike