[OT]: ntlm_auth/winbind - Usable With Apache ?

Boyce, Nick nick.boyce at eds.com
Tue Mar 23 12:53:53 GMT 2004

Alexander Bokovoy wrote :
> Nick Boyce wrote :
>>
>>> The binary supports NTLMSSP and a few other protocols and
>>> uses winbind for the low-level authentication.
>>>
>>> http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/ntlm_auth.1.html
>>
>> Just wondered whether anyone knows of any work being done to use Samba's
>> NTLM auth code in other *non-Squid* applications - specifically Apache.
[...]
> There is mod_ntlm as extension of existing mod_auth_ntlm (old, outdated,
> on sf.net) created by Einar Otto Stangvik. It uses ntlm_auth.

Ok, thanks - I found that via the Apache modules registry, but it's one of those that looked old & unfinished ((c) 2000, tested against Apache 1.3.9/SuSE 6.3/Solaris 2.6/documented problems, etc.) - I'll look at it in more detail now ... maybe it works fine :)

> There is also ntlm_auth support in mod_midgard for Midgard content
> management framework

Just been to have a look - interesting, but I don't want to add a CMS to the particular server I have in mind (it's a network monitoring box, with web-based reporting).

Thanks for your reply.
[sorry to everybody else for the noise]

Nick Boyce
EDS Southwest Solution Centre, Bristol, UK