pam_smbpass patch for migration

Cal Heldenbrand calzplace at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 17:54:45 GMT 2004

Greetings,

I've found a bug in pam_smbpass and the current
library function local_password_change() in Samba
3.0.2a -->  pam_smbpass was checking if the password
IS null, and should have been checking IS NOT null.
It also was calling the local_password_change()
function incorrectly, requiring the LOCAL_SET_PASSWORD
flag rather than just 0.  After the patch is applied,
everything seems to work correctly on my system for
password migration.

Thank you,

Cal Heldenbrand
calzplace at yahoo.com