jra at samba.org
Wed Mar 10 23:41:08 GMT 2004
On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 01:25:00PM +0900, Shiro Yamada wrote:
> I've updated the source code from the CVS server, but the bug still seems
> to exist. Attatched is the files which reproduce the situation.
> The CP932 file is the problematic one, as its name <0x95><0x5C>.txt
> contains <0x5C> which is the equivalent of '\\'. The EUCJP-MS equivalent
> is working fine, as its name <0xC9><0xBD>.txt does not relate to this bug.
> I built Samba with the default options, apart from the "prefix" value
> which I believe has nothing to do with this problem.
Found the problem. We're being hoist by our own petard :-) with the
"sloppy" convert_string() calls allowing bad conversions (added to
help people with broken iconv implementations :-). We need to check
errno to catch bad conversions, not check the return....
More information about the samba-technical