i18n question.

Shiro Yamada shiro at miraclelinux.com
Wed Mar 10 04:25:00 GMT 2004

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 06:07:18PM +0900, Shiro Yamada wrote:
>

>>>Well that's what I'd like you to check - I don't want to have
>>>broken that.
>>>

>>It seems as though you have broken it this time around. I can't manipulate
>>a file with '\' byte, nor a directory.
>

> I fixed a problem with this yesterday after an email from Simo.
> Can you CVS update to ensure you have the same code I'm running
> (as of the morning of March 10th your date). I'm hoping this will
> have fixed this problem (the bug would have had the effect you
> describe).
>
> If you can still reproduce the problem please send me a filename
> in EUC encoding that will reproduce it as well as the codepage
> parameter contents of your smb.conf.
>
> Thanks,
>
> 	Jeremy.

I've updated the source code from the CVS server, but the bug still seems
to exist. Attatched is the files which reproduce the situation.

The CP932 file is the problematic one, as its name <0x95><0x5C>.txt
contains <0x5C> which is the equivalent of '\\'. The EUCJP-MS equivalent
is working fine, as its name <0xC9><0xBD>.txt does not relate to this bug.
I built Samba with the default options, apart from the "prefix" value
which I believe has nothing to do with this problem.

Regards,
--
Shiro Yamada
shiro at miraclelinux.com