ClearCase/SAMBA- help required

Javid Abdul-AJAVID1 abduljavid at motorola.com
Tue Mar 9 14:36:28 GMT 2004

Thanks for replying quickly

Users are having reading files from samba. ( w2k clients, vobs on unix solaris servers )

This is Rational Technical support suggestions with the issue.
Problem Files with apparently correct permissions cannot be accessed in an IBM Rational ClearCase VOB in an interoperation environment using Samba. The error message is:

view_server.exe(156): Error: Unable to construct cleartext for object "0x444" in VOB "myhost:/vobs/myvob.vbs": error detected by ClearCase subsystem

view_server.exe(156): Error: Type manager "text_file_delta" failed construct_version operation. Cause Samba's MAX_OPEN_FILES parameter may be set too low. Solution Use Samba's SWAT administration tool to reset the MAX_OPEN_FILES parameter to a higher value. This parameter can be accessed with the Globals > Advanced View. Check if this resolves the problem.

But max_open_files is set 10,000k , is true that's you can change it on fly (witnout recompiling ))

Thanks
Abdul