i18n question.

Alexander Bokovoy a.bokovoy at sam-solutions.net
Mon Mar 8 19:47:36 GMT 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 05:31:42PM +0100, Simo Sorce wrote:
> > The problem is that some of the FE encodings and the variant of UTF-8
> > mandated on Mac OS X don't conform to all of the rules stated before
> > on this thread.  So things get complicated with exceptional handling,
> > work-arounds, #ifdefs and even add-on modules.
>
> Which rules does not conform exactly please? (real question I'm simply
> not an expert of Mac OS X)
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/SystemOverview/FileSystem/chapter_48_section_6.html
In particular, canonical UTF-8 and UTF-16 (in UFS and HFS+
correspondingly) are used while Samba permits non-canonical UTF-8.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Samba Team                      http://www.samba.org/