Passowrd policy patch on Samba-3.0.2 for LDAP backend

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Mar 5 23:17:47 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 07:31, Andreas wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 12:25:07PM +0100, Jianliang Lu wrote:
> > I've finished the work on password policy (LDAP backend), that comprised
> > bad password lockout and password history.
>
> (snip)
>
> There was a nice thread about the password lockout part, but what about the
> "password history" one?

Before we got *any* further on password policies, we need to look at the
proposal currently being put forward for a standard way for LDAP
password policies to be stored and manipulated.

http://ftp.riken.go.jp/pub/internet-doc/draft/draft-behera-ldap-password-policy-07.txt

We need to work with this.  We need to possibly ask to change the draft
so it can cope with us.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net